Saturday, June 2, 2012

Field Trip

Today will include a pleasant visit to the Boca Raton Museum of Art and lunch at one of the quaint outdoor cafes at Mizner park, home of upscale shopping, dining and entertainment. How genteel! How civilized! The "good life"! 

Or at least that's how I always pictured the good life.  Yep, ever since I was a small child I equated the many Chicago museums to magical kingdoms (forget Disneyland) filled with exotic treasures beyond my imagination.  The Field Museum of Natural History!  The Chicago Art Institute!  The Museum of Science and Industry!  Even the Shedd Aquarium.  I would get on the CTA and take myself to those places even without a friend to accompany me.  An unheard of expedition for a child in this day and age!  I'd even save on a transfer fare by walking from downtown, through Grant Park, to the Field Museum (my favorite).

I dreamt of an uber-sophisticated future where I'd be able to go as often as I wished and have lunch at an "artistic" cafe with congenial companions.  And today is the day!

;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment