Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Dissertation

For several years I worked diligently for beaucoup hours on nights and weekends assisting hubby on The Dissertation.  I learned about constructs, sampling sizes, constructural frameworks, relationships between variables, data analysis methodologies, test design, confounding variables, box plots, histograms and P-P plots. 

The result for hubby was a solid career doing something he always wanted to do - teaching college - with hopefully many more years of rewarding work ahead.

And for me?  I am the recipient of a handsome engraved plaque, one of the very nicest gifts I've ever received.  It reads:
EVELYN GOLD

for outstanding service
in support of her
husband Stuart Gold while
completing his doctorate

You've gone above and
beyond, given your best
and provided love
support and assistance
without which a PhD
would still be a dream and
not a reality for Dr. Gold


No comments:

Post a Comment