Saturday, April 14, 2012

Woman's Work

Hilary Rosen, Democratic strategist, made the unfortunate comment that Ann Romney has "never worked a day in her life".  I have not raised children but I am pretty sure that raising five boys to manhood and fighting MS and cancer counts as "work".

On the "hard work" scale I rank being a stay-at-home Mom with a financially secure, supportive spouse as less onerous than being a single Mom who also works outside the home (hardest job ever!).  I rank my own career doing work I loved as far less arduous than having a "menial" job where I'd probably watch the clock as each boring minute slowly went by.  So my Big Conclusion is this:  a woman - or man - doing a job whether inside or outside of the home is W-O-R-K-I-N-G.

I am proud of my life's work and I will unashamedly give myself an attaboy for suceeding in a "man's field" and doing my part to put a crack in the glass ceiling. .

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment