Monday, April 2, 2012

Friends of Friends

I have a new group of people in my life.  They are Friends of Friends. 

Some of my best friends these days are Friends of Friends.  I have never met these folks in person.  But some friend of mine knows this person and even then, they may not be quite sure where this person came from.  Some similar interest or one of us deciding "hey I really like this person whom I've never met" prompted a Facebook invitation to be a "friend".  In some cases a mutual friend "suggested" us, kind of like a matchmaker.

When my cousin Terri in California (who I have not seen in 40 plus years) and my friend Jill in Chicago, who I met as a friend of a "real" friend (who I had not seen in 40 plus years) decided they were both menschs and "friended" each other, I kvelled like a real shadkin.  I did warn them however that they were on opposite ends of the political spectrum.  Their answer?  Viva La Difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment