Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy and Gay

Yesterday Rick Santorum, champion of ultra conservative social issues, withdrew from the process for the Republican nomination for President.

With all the problems in the world and the economy today, you would think gay marriage and contraception would be the last things on people's minds. This IS a free country & if you don't like the way other people are living their lives live your life differently and deal with it!

There are a world of things I would not do in my own life and of course I have an opinion on what the "right'" way to live looks like.  But I have not walked a mile in everyone's shoes and I have not had their unique experiences and I am the first to say I have been blessed with a wonderful start and most excellent people in my life.

I for one did not think re-reading the Constitution before the start of the new session in Congress was a bad idea.  We all need a reminder that our freedoms came at a great cost and need to be treasured.

No comments:

Post a Comment