Saturday, April 7, 2012

Feng Shui

Have I mentioned I love my home?  It's not professionally decorated but it IS filled with only things I love.  If I don't love it it's GONE!  Sometimes I look around and ask "what's THAT doing here?"  Hahaha, then its goodbye-Charlie!

I read this decorating tip online today:
IN THE ENTRYWAY
1. Create a feel-good focal point. The first thing you see when you enter your home should be something you love, whether that's a piece of art, a vase of flowers, or a special souvenir, says Stephanie Roberts, author of Fast Feng Shui: 9 Simple Principles for Transforming Your Life by Energizing Your Home. "A beautiful first impression helps you relax from the get-go."


I adore my foyer!  Note the genuine signed Salvatore Dali numbered woodcut print (bought for a song way before he died), the antique wood mini-dresser (a gift from my late BFF), the crystal lamp with new red shade (a gift from my late mother-in-law), Mom's cut-glass bowl filled with my favorite candy, a wedding picture of us laughing (in a lovely glass frame that my boss was throwing out) and the incredible mezzuzah that I mounted incorrectly but that can be seen from the whole room.

Yep, Feng Shui by the boatload!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment