Friday, January 27, 2012

You Made My Day

Homemade chopped liver last night! Made from a slightly modified (no wine) adaptation of the Barefoot Contessa's recipe. Yum! The scale was up almost 2 pounds from yesterday!

It reminded me that I have another source of recipes, a cookbook penned by Evelyn Gold (sadly, not me) titled "You Made My Day - Four Generations of Kosher Cooking". 

I also have this prized possession - a gift from Mom. It's a collection of her favorite recipes and includes things she never made but wished she had, like the Pillsbury Bake Off winners. Also included are clippings from the newspaper like "Low Cholesterol Jewish Cooking" (an oxymoron). How carefully she made dividers for the different categories and even thoughtfully included an index! I guess this was like her "blog". Thanks Mom!

Isn't it true that every generation in every culture values their recipes so much that passing them to the next generation is almost a sacred duty?

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment