Wednesday, January 18, 2012

BFF

Tomorrow would have been my BFF's 61st birthday.  She's been gone over 5 years and I still miss her everyday.

She and I had a plan for our very old age.  Since the odds greatly suggest we would both be without husbands (poo poo poo) at some advanced age, we decided we would live together and take care of each other.  She would cook (her specialty) and I would clean (definitely NOT her specialty) and we would flirt with old men at the senior center and get our hair and nails done and travel to places we had never been to.  If we found ourselves poor or in need of extra help, we would move into son/godson Scott's basement and mooch off of him.  ;-) 

The year Sheryl died, she sent me a plaque with two old ladies standing together.  She had it engraved with our names. The plaque says "If we live to be a hundred and three, best friends we still will be".

Damn you Sheryl for leaving me!  And Happy Birthday in Heaven Sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment