Sunday, January 29, 2012

Broken Heart

Is it possible to die from a broken heart?  I think maybe yes. 

I read this interesting article today about a couple that lived a few miles away.  If I read it right, it sounds like they were married at 13 and 15 and together for almost 70 years. 

The article caught my eye because I thought of Coach Joe Paterno.  Did he die from a broken heart?  Medically, his death is attributed to lung cancer. Emotionally, there are those who believe a major life trauma, like losing a life partner or child or seeing your 50+ year career end in disgrace, can trigger physiological changes that start a downward spiral to death. Or perhaps just provide the extra push that summons the Grim Reaper.

When I am under extreme stress I know my body is telling me things are not normal.  One time I even forgot to eat!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment