Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The State Of The Union

Last night President Obama gave the annual State Of The Union address. 

It is a lot to comprehend how the entire country is doing so most folks, like me, rely on the "gut feeling" indicator.  We check out how we are doing, how the younger generation is doing and how our friends are doing.  

Even though Florida has been hard hit in the last few years, and certainly my own salary and benefits have taken a big hit, I'm going to go out on a limb and say things are not so bad, or least they're improving.  I see folks are still eating out, going to the movies, shopping and buying cars, smartphones and iToys.  Even better, I sense we are on the cusp of a brighter tomorrow.

Having lived through decades of hot and cold wars, gas shortages, erratic interest rates and unemployment lines, threats of both nuclear apocalypse and the demise of "family values", financial bubbles and busts and a host of other ups and downs, I'm fairly confident that we will survive.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment