Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mamie Edith

Edith and Dad
My father's sister, "Mamie" Edith (do not know where the "Mamie" came from) was the undisputed Matriarch of our family.  All important - and not-so-important -decisions went through her.  She approved my hubby-to-be (he endeared himself to her by eating her egg and onion omelet) and had my mother's wedding dress made from her measurements without Mom ever seeing it until her wedding day.  She is revered for locating my three cousins who survived the Holocaust, bringing them to Toronto (not that easy) and finding them nice Jewish boys to marry.

Yesterday my cousin Terri (Edith's grand-daughter) who is recuperating from surgery wrote me the following:
Don't I look like my grandmother? I can't say that it's my best look.......Lol. Time to get that Silverstein nose taken care of. Kind of half joking!

I answered:
HAHAHA Must be your Other Grandmother. You don't look like Mamie Edith by a long shot!
I once blogged about our "family resemblance" http://evelynsilvergold.blogspot.com/2012/09/family-resemblance.html
Take care of yourself. You look terrific to me!
 
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment