Saturday, November 3, 2012

When I Knew It

I knew I could not vote for Obama when:

1. I heard the disparaging "off camera" remarks Obama made to Sarcozy about Bibi Netanyahu:  "you're fed up, but I have to deal with him every day"

2. I read the 2012 Democratic Platform that greatly watered down support of Israel
 and eliminated any mention of Hamas as a terrorist state

3. I heard the THREE "nay" votes  at the Democratic convention when the platform was belatedly attempted to be amended to include a statement that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel

4. I realized that his greatest efforts to "reach out to the Muslim World" have been a disastrous failure as witnessed by the events of 9/11/2012 and the murders of our Patriots in Benghazi

5.  I realized he did nothing - not even one word of encouragement - to support the brave Iranians standing up for the corrupt regime that enslaves their country and threatens Israel's existence

6. I know that Iran moves closer each day to a nuclear weapon that could literally "wipe Israel off the map".  The sanctions are NOT working, except to harm innocent civilians in that country.

7. I read a transcript of him saying that there should be "daylight between the United States and Israel"

8. I learned that he has an abysmally low approval rating among Israeli Jews but an exact opposite high rating among Israeli Arabs

9. It became obvious he has, at the very least, an extremely strained relationship with Bibi Netanyahu, a man I admire greatly. He rejected the request to meet with the leader of the only true democracy and America's best friend in the region when both leaders were in the same city.

10.  He referred to Israel as "one of our closest allies in the region."   Who the heck is closer to the United States than Israel?

11. He openly and warmly welcomed Mahmoud Abbas to the White House despite the fact Abbas has repeatedly said he will never accept Israel as a Jewish state. But  Netanyahu was quietly shuffled into the White House through a side door, and in a clear statement of disrespect, left on his own for dinner.

12. He chose to undermine Netanyahu when he made his famous "1967 borders" speech.  As one who has been to Israel and seen for herself how truly indefensible the 1967 borders are, this proved to me that Obama has absolutely no idea what Israel really needs to survive.

13. I learned that in 2010, 87 US Senators - both Democrats and Republicans - were so disappointed in Obama's consistent unfair treatment of Israel they sent him a letter asking him to be more fair toward the Jewish State. No previous president has ever received such a letter.

14. He instructed NASA (NASA???) to create a program to "reach out to the Muslim World" and share our technology (our TECHNOLOGY??)

15. He called the Muslim call to prayer the "sweetest sound on earth" in his 2009 speech in Cairo. 

To me the sweetest sound on earth is the sound of the shofar on the High Holidays...

No comments:

Post a Comment