Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Forward

President Obama won re-election last night.  I'm thrilled this election season is over and I'm also happy the decision was decisive and will not drag on like it did in 2000. 

I did not vote for him but, just like in 2008, I wish him well.  I will be supportive of his efforts to address the great challenges this country faces.  

As I think about the other results of this election, I am pleased.  Nutcases who made horrible comments about rape and the children born of rape were defeated.  Marijuana for everyone was legalized in Colorado and for medicinal purposes in Montana.  Gay marriage was expanded into several states.  My City Commissioner, Dick Blattner, and the Mayor of my City, Peter Bober, were re-elected (both are members of my Temple).  I am also pleased that the Supreme Court Justices that will need to be selected in the next four years will be likely to uphold Roe vs Wade and a woman's right to choose. 

Every day is one step forward and one step back.  We accept the things we cannot change and work to change the things we can. As President Obama has been touting in his campaign, I am ready to go "Forward"!   

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment