Friday, November 9, 2012

Plan B

I was wondering if the folks that surprisingly lost this week's election had made any "Plan B's".  It must be very tough when you have put all your efforts and commitment to a single goal and then have to regroup and find a new direction.  How do you replace your life's passion?  Or the power and attention you may have once received?

Broward County's Sheriff Al Lamberti spent 35 years at the Broward Sheriff's Office, working his way up. He lost his job on Tuesday night.   What will he do now?  Is it harder for someone to regroup if they were very high up the totem pole?

And what if you went from society darling to despised pariah like Mrs. Madoff did late in life?   And how do you re-invent yourself if you are just a small fish that got a layoff notice from your "secure" factory job of 20+ years?

I have always tried to imagine "what if" and at least think about what my Plan B would look like.  I fool myself into thinking this will prepare me in some way if my life ever requires a course correction...

I know it won't, not really.

;-) 





No comments:

Post a Comment