Monday, November 26, 2012

The Daily Motivator

My friend Marj emails "The Daily Motivator" everyday.  These consist of slide shows of pretty pictures with meaningful (although a bit trite) messages set to background music from New Age CDs called things like "Serenity" or "Ocean Waves".  I believe Marj subscribes to this service and forwards them on to us for free. 

OK, I'll admit I do not ever last through a whole slide show if I even bother to open it.  But today I awoke feeling the need for motivation after a weekend of sloth and gluttony and the scale registering the expected extra 2 pounds. 

The slide shows (there were 3, to catch up on the long motivation-less weekend) and they were just as corny, but I have to say, I do feel invigorated from seeing them.  Not because of anything in them (I know all that good stuff already) but because Marj herself is motivated to send them out and keep her friends energized.

Thanks Marj!  I'm ready to tackle this new week!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment