Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sex Scandal

Generals Petraeus and Allen are the latest folks to be besmirched by a sex scandal. 

I used to be quite opinionated on the topic of sex scandals.  I used to think that anyone in a position of power and authority should be smart enough to rein in their libido and forgo all hints of impropriety.  In other words, if you are a philanderer you are just too dumb to be a leader.

But with so many of these otherwise decent folks brought down by their dalliances, I have opened my mind to a more forgiving attitude.  Let's face it, an extra-martial affair or finding out some guy is gay happens all the time to lots of ordinary folks. Should we expect more from our elected officials?

So I propose a new view on the subject, at least for myself.  From now on I will try and judge a person by their public accomplishments and try, as much as possible, to segregate their bedroom antics from my evaluation of their worth as human beings. 

Gary Hart, Bill Clinton, Anthony Weiner, Elliot Spitzer, Wilbur Mills, Larry Craig, JFK, Mark Foley, David Petraeus and John Allen - I give you all conditional reprieves.

John Edwards - you slimeball dirtbag - Never!!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment