Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Sunday Ads

One of the reasons I still have the newspaper delivered is for the Sunday Ads. 

The folks at the Sun-Sentinel got the message a few months ago that their subscribers would be better served by getting the ads on Saturday rather than Sunday so that they could plan their weekend shopping excursions. A good idea.

I love perusing the pile of ads even though I rarely see anything I need.  Occasionally there will be a lost leader of such magnitude that it demands a special trip to scoop up said bargain. 

From now until after Christmas, there will be an even heftier load of ads in the Saturday paper.  I will wish I actually needed or wanted some of the stuff  so I could take advantage of the great prices.   For sure I don't need Christmas trees or ornaments or wrapping paper.

To tell you the truth, I make a point of shopping for nothing  (but food) for the last six weeks of the year.  The mall and the big box stores cannot possibly entice me to try to find parking and battle those crowds.

But when  the dust has died down and the stores have been ransacked and Santa has come and gone, I'll venture out again to grab those even better after-Christmas sales! 

;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment