Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Post Election Reflection

It's been a week since the election. Four days later Florida finally figured out who we voted for (but several local elections are still being tallied).  Contrary to all the pre-election polls, Florida went to ObamaThe surprising (at least to me) election results have caused me to re-think some things. 

First of all, I have vowed to eliminate (or at least greatly reduce) my viewing of Fox News.  They were totally off with their projections and are way over the top with their fear mongering and some of their nutty pundits.  I can't watch MSNBC either because their pundits are equally off-the-wall.  That leaves CNN, the only cable news network that, in my mind, is reasonably "fair and balanced". 

Second, I realize that the country is truly changing from the one I've known from previous decades.  The ethnic make-up of the country is changing fast and forever and those folks may have different perspectives and life experiences from mine.  The things I think are most important are not necessarily what most of the country thinks are important.  Government truly is getting bigger and any "bad stuff" that happens seems to be the responsibility of the government to do something about. 

Third, I have made a personal pledge to myself to fully support the current administration and send only positive thoughts for its success.  Of course, all bets are off if they fail to fully support Israel!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment