Thursday, March 1, 2012

Retirement Card

Cousins Harvey and Vi sent the cutest "Best Wishes On Your Retirement" e-card and it really hit my sweet spot.  One of the things I fretted about was what I would do all day but these cute little cartoon people have showed me the way!  They are so adorable I've played the card a bunch of times and hope it doesn't get deleted anytime soon. 
Their simple schedule is this:
Up at 7:00 a.m. (I've added an hour and a half to my working wake-up time of 5 am but still need to get to 7)
Morning run at 8 a.m. (substitute longer walk with Dolly)
Shopping at 10:30 (no problem there)
Lunch at 12:30
DIY at 2:30 p.m. (Yep, I certainly have a list of DIY projects which have so far included (but not limited to) cleaning the silk plants on top of the cabinets, scanning slides from the 70s, painting the rusted  metal flamingoes in the back yard pink (I still need to dot their eyes with a black Sharpie), cleaning the car's chrome exhaust pipe and spray painting white plastic "palm frond" fan blades in the guest room a soft green.)
Dancing at 7:30 p.m. (substitute a Netfflix movie.  I upped my subscription to 2-at-a-time.)
"Early Night" at 10:30 p.m. (still working on making it to 10:30!)

No comments:

Post a Comment