Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pizza and Parasha

Last night I attended Rabbi Frazin's monthly PIzza and Parasha gathering.  He is the Rabbi Emeritus having served for 40 years as the Rabbi of Temple Solel, their first and beloved Rabbi.  There were 18 of us "students" (chai) gathered in the library to hear and discuss a small portion of Exodus, that describing the vestments of the Kohanim.  A dry topic if ever I heard of one but the Rabbi made it interesting with his insights and stories and the twinkle in his eyes.  The pizza from John The Baker did not hurt either ;-)

I am reminded of the lyrics from "If I Were A Rich Man" where Tevye laments of all the things he wishes he had or could do if he were wealthy and didn't have to work:

If I were rich, I'd have the time that I lack
To sit in the synagogue and pray.
And maybe have a seat by the Eastern wall.
And I'd discuss the holy books with the learned men, several hours every day.
That would be the sweetest thing of all.


Day Two of Retirement.  Yes, very sweet indeed....

No comments:

Post a Comment