Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscar Night

Tonight is Oscar night and by the time I publish this the winners will have made another little bit of Hollywood (California not Florda) history. 

My favorite movie of all time?

Panned by critics and probably barely breaking-even, this 2000 movie captured my heart with all my favorite elements - a bit of supernatural (ala Ghost), a cop-crime thriller, some romance, a happy ending for well deserving middle class characters plus two of my favorite actors - Dennis Quaid and Jim Caviezel.  All enough to give FREQUENCY my personal Oscar.

But none of the above are the number one reason I love this movie.  It's the message that the tiniest little decision, an act of kindness or words not said, the small things we do everyday but don't think much about - these things can change lives.  And their effects may not be felt or understood for years to come. 

My favorite scene?  When Dad comes to the rescue of his cop son twenty years after the son thought (in that version of reality) Dad had died.  The reason Dad could be there to save his son? His son had told him to give up smoking.  And Dad did.

Hand me that hanky please  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment