Friday, February 17, 2012

Peace

I wished a new friend a Happy Birthday and told an ancient long-forgotten friend I was proud of him for helping in a criminal investigation.  I had a great team meeting with my staff.  Alessandro showed me how to install the car seats for the kids.  The news was interesting but nothing Blog-worthy.  An old friend sent an email asking for prayers, not sure why but I reassured him I would.  I am looking forward to tonight's services at shul and welcoming Shabbos. 

How strange!  As the days go by I am more at peace with my life shaking, earth shattering decision to retire.  I can feel my mind calming down and a sense of peacefulness entering my being.  I look at some of the stresses here at work and smile at the thought that they will soon be things of the past.

Here's my horoscope for today.  Right on ;-)

For Friday, Feb 17, 2012 --
Surprisingly, your approach to your job isn't currently based on being efficient or even completing what you start. Instead, you are thinking about what makes you happy. Even if you're usually satisfied with narrowing your focus to complete your work, you are more effective if you're also having fun now. Ironically, being too serious can actually be counterproductive today. Listen to your heart and you might learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment