Friday, February 24, 2012

Success

Many years ago I bought a greeting card that has a cartoon of a man in a suit clutching a briefcase.  He's smiling as he battles the wind (I always think of it as the downtown Chicago wind).  The caption reads "Perseverance Equals Success".  I bought the card just because I loved the cartoon guy (he looks Jewish) and the message.

Perseverance means "a steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement".  On this, the last day of a lifetime of work and the first day of my retirement, I believe I have fulfilled that definition.  I am proud of my accomplishments and have no regrets. 

A young friend (too young to really know how true this is but very wise for her years) posted this diagram of the Path to Success.  My comment: Understatement!

Hello New Life!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment