Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Slides


Twelve to fifteen cases containing carousels of hundreds of slides from the 1970s have sat on the shelves for decades.  I promised myself that "someday" I would crack open the cases and scan them into digital media, thus preserving what I sometimes think of as "my lost decade".  The majority of the slides are the 40 plus rolls of film taken on our one and only trip to Europe in 1972 (with stop over in New York City). 

Cracking those cases open is a bit scary & a bit sad but mostly its an exciting and happy adventure into long forgotten territory.  I've set up a "work station" on the kitchen breakfast bar & I see many hours of productive work ahead that will keep this soon-to-be-retiree busy.

Here are three of the "eeriest" ones that I've unearthed so far - made eerier still by the other-worldly blue mist they have disintegrated into. 

No comments:

Post a Comment