Monday, March 19, 2012

Gratitude

I read that there is a scientific study that proves gratitude enhances our well being.  In 2003, researchers at the Universities of California and Miami reported that people who consciously remind themselves every day of the things they are grateful for show marked improvements in mental health and some aspects of physical health.  I believe it.

This comes completely naturally to me.  I am constantly reminded about all the things in my life, big and small, that I am grateful for.  Answered prayers.  An email or Facebook post from the kids or friends with kind words (even a "like" will do).  The glorious Florida weather.  The people in my life.  The moon shining through the palm trees when Dolly has her last walk. The scale being a little forgiving.  A favorite song on the radio.  A good hair day.  The love and support I have known throughout my entire life.

My cup truly does runneth over.  And I never, ever forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment