Saturday, March 10, 2012

How To Retire

I have crunched the financial numbers a zillion times and even made my own retirement calculator (I am a computer programmer after all) but I will be honest, the non-financial aspects of retirement scared me. 

Somehow I found this cool book and am looking forward to the Broward County library sending one of their two copies to the Stirling Road branch for me.  I think it might have some good advice, especially the sections on "create a new identity because your old one won't do" and "you are never to young to retire".

But the most intriguing thing I saw on the table of contents (kindly provided by amazon.com) was "not writing a book can be more difficult than writing one".  I emphatically Do Not plan to write a book but writing does make me happy.  I love my silly blog and seeing the kaleidoscope of my thoughts and feelings take shape on the "printed page" (computer screen).

And of course, I do plan to retire Happy, Wild and Free ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment