Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Magic Number

Planning for retirement would be a lot easier if we all knew exactly when we would pass away.  But I'm sure if given the choice, none of us would chose to know.

Why am I on such a gloomy topic today? I think it might be due to the sad numbers associated with recent deaths in the news and in my life: 66, 48, 53, 60, 43.*

Back in the early 1990s my BFF, a single, fortyish, newly unemployed mom, cashed in her 401k payout check to buy the latest fad, a big screen TV. I was flabbergasted but she said "by the time I retire in 25 years it won't matter". She was right, she passed away about 15 years later...

A bit of Sha-La-La-La-La-La Live For Today is not such a bad idea!

*Davy Jones, Whitney Houston, Dr. Andrew Edelman (colleague), Robert Hegyes, Andrew Breitbart.

No comments:

Post a Comment