Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Real Me

OK so I'm reading the book I told you about, How To Retire Happy, Wild and Free, and of course a lot of its 150 plus pages are a bit repetitious but this gem did make me pause and think.  The chapter was "You Need To Create A New Identity Because Your Old One Won't Do" and the author makes the point that whatever you thought you were for the last 30 plus years is not who you really are.  Being an accountant or a sales professional or an I.T. Director is simply a fiction that you either made-up or were led into by circumstances and that you eventually came to believe was your primary identity. 

OK so who are we?  We are, at our essence, the sum of our spirituality, sense of humor, generosity of spirit, creativity, spontaneity, peace of mind and our passion for new experiences and learning.

I recently re-connected with some FB friends who had known me BC (before career).  I was reminded again that the girl I was then is still the me I am today (maybe a little wiser I hope).  I guess that was and is the Real Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment