Friday, March 16, 2012

Solitude

I have a full schedule this weekend - dinner and shul with newest friends Steve and Jean Shulman tonight, the Coral Springs Festival of the Arts with cousins Morry and Barbara tomorrow and dinner at Bella Luna in Miami with cousins Jean and Marek on Sunday night. Three of my favorite couples!

Next week though will be a different story.  Hubby is off for four nights to a colloquium in Virginia and I will get to experience living alone with no job to fill my day.  Solitude can be either heaven or hell, or maybe a little of each. 

When I was growing up, my mom worked outside the home. Being an only child, I was used to being "home alone" and left to my own devices.  During summer vacations and school holidays, I would fritter the time away by walking, reading, window shopping, sunbathing in the backyard, talking on the phone and yep, even napping.  I see myself doing the same things next week.
I guess I survived then so I can surely survive now especially since now I have Dolly, Facebook, Zynga games, the DVR, Netflix and a car!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment