Sunday, March 25, 2012

My New Career

Rabbi Frazin, retired Rabbi Emeritus, substituted at Friday night's services.  His sermon was on "My New Career" where he talked about "life after retirement" and how some people thrive while others stagnate.  It was very apropos for me as it came on the day I completed four full weeks of retirement. 

With Rabbi Frazin's undeniable vitality and energy, it is easy to see why he is still in demand as a teacher.  But his horizons have been greatly expanded because now instead of only teaching students with names like Avi, Rachel, Joshua, Sarah and David, he is teaching students with names like Juan, Shaniqua, Dong-Sun, Naimah and Gianna.  His message was that retirees need to find or expand our "core essence" and do those things we were meant to do.

I hope that my horizons will expand as well.  At least I have a most excellent role model.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment