Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Three Retirement Goals

I read this article today:  "Three Retirement Goals People Never Achieve". Being a goal-oriented person and thus anxious to achieve all retirement goals, I was very intrigued at what those goals could be.

Number 1 - Save a million dollars. I think having the funds necessary to secure one's own image of a comfortable retirement is far more important than some arbitrary number.

Number 2 - Write a book. I can understand how every person thinks they have learned something meaningful in their life and wants to leave a record of their existence.  In my case, this desire is well satisfied by my blogging efforts.  It's like writing a book that never ends!

Number 3 - Hike the Appalachian Trail.  Not a goal I have ever even thought about.  But if I had wanted to hike anywhere, I would have done it when I was in my twenties, hahaha.

I did and do have Retirement Goals. Learn to play Maj Jong (check). Create a warm and welcoming "forever" home (check).  Leave stress and worry behind (check).  Make new friends, entertain at home, get involved in community and social groups (on my way). 

The best  Retirement Goal?  Cherish each day - we have less of them to look forward to!!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment