Monday, October 13, 2014

The Love Affair

I read that the "love affair" with Barack Obama is truly over. I won't say "I told you so".

Believe it or not, I'm not really happy about this. I was hoping he would exceed my expectations and be a truly great President. Most of all, I was hoping he would steadfastly support Israel.

Instead my worst fears have come to pass. His administration was "appalled" when human shields were harmed by Israel's attempt to destroy rocket launchers aimed at their civilian population? Pre-approved shipments of arms to Israel were halted by the administration? And during a time of war no less. And Kerry hoping to have Israel's enemies and supporters of terrorism - Qatar and Turkey - "negotiate" a peace with Israel? Some "ally"!  And it was not the administration that sent additional funding for Iron Dome, it was our Congress in a rare show of unity.

Playing golf immediately after the puppy-dog sad look at the press conference on the beheading of James Foley. Failed policies and scandals galore. Transparency?? Forgettaboutit! I could go on and on but I won't.

The moral of this story? Looks don't matter. Come on America, admit it, you voted for a youngish, handsome-ish, articulate, upbeat man you hoped would be as good as he looked and sounded and would provide the country with its first black President. Like voting for Michael Douglas or Martin Sheen because they played a President you wished was real. As for me, back in 2008 I voted for a old guy with physical deformities caused by beatings and torture, with decades of dedicated service to America and political experience, and with the gumption to say what he thinks and mean what he says. You can't fool me with a pretty face and a slick sales shpiel.

I could say "I told you so". But I guess I just did...

No comments:

Post a Comment