Friday, October 17, 2014

Finding Me

I stopped by the library on a whim a few days ago.  I was in the neighborhood on another errand and decided to take quick peek to see if anything piqued my interest.

I spotted "Finding Me: A Decade of Darkness, a Life Reclaimed: A Memoir of the Cleveland Kidnappings" by Michelle Knight and I am now working my way through it. It's an easy read and more fascinating than I expected. And I haven't even got to the kidnapping and confinement part yet.

It is amazing what the human spirit can endure. I wonder how truly "together" she could possibly be. I suspect I would be placed permanently in a mental ward if even half of her life experiences were my own.

I'm wondering if it does require hard times and hard knocks to "find yourself" as a person. I have a sneaking suspicion the answer is yes...

Good luck Michelle. I wish the best in the rest of your life. You deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment