Friday, October 31, 2014

Chickensh*t

Chickenshit? I think not.
I admit it, I'm a fan. I heart Bibi!

Of course I'm talking about Benjamin Netanyahu, the gutsy, articulate Prime Minister of Israel. Sometimes I'll agree with the more aggressive policies of other Israeli politicians like Avigdor Lieberman and Danny Danon, but mostly I'm glad Israel is governed by Bibi's pragmatism, steady hand and sober thinking. 

I'm mightily dismayed that anyone, much less my own government, would refer to Bibi as "chickenshit". Oy! But it's undeniable, even Obama admitted it and gave a weak, very weak, acknowledgement (not an apology).

Aside from the obvious - this is no way to treat your great ally - who can possibly make the argument that Bibi is a chickenshit? A man who fought in the 1967, 1968, 1972 and 1973 battlefields. Who kept on fighting after he was wounded. Whose brother, Yoni, was the commander of the elite Israeli army commando unit and the only Israeli soldier killed in action during the daring operation in Entebbe Uganda, an operation that successfully freed many innocent hostages. How dare any pencil pushing idiot with a patronage job call Bibi anything but a hero and a national treasure and a true friend of democracy and America?

Thank you Bibi. You have had a rough road sometimes and have steadfastly fought on every front - the military battleground and the political combat zone  - for Israel's survival.

 תודה לך

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding post, Evelyn. Thank you.

    Ron Sanders

    ReplyDelete