Thursday, October 16, 2014

Retire on Social Security Alone

I read an article on "Places to Retire on Social Security Alone". I know they left out a very important place - Kings Point in Delray Beach Florida.

Kings Point had always been our "fall back" plan, the place we knew we could retire to if everything went to heck. In times of stress my mantra was "there's always Kings Point".

You can buy a small condo for about $40,000 and pay about $200. a month in both property taxes and maintenance. You get free bus service all over the area and great shopping, medical services, the library and the hospital are right on the route. You can hang by the pool or the three clubhouses for free and there are tons of free or almost-free activities and entertainment options. You get the beautiful Florida weather and Kings Point in smack dab in the middle of an upscale and safe area.

I'm glad we found our dream community here in The Villages but I'm grateful for the peace of mind I got all these years knowing that if worse-came-to-worse "there was always Kings Point".

Who needs a South American or overseas retirement when you can have Kings Point?

;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment