Thursday, October 30, 2014

Aldi

Although I normally eschew all things German or originating from German companies, I must admit, Aldi is an exception.  In my new life as a (want to be more frugal) retiree and with St Louis based Save-A-Lot too far away, Aldi has become my favorite grocery store. The prices cannot be beat and you get checked out super quickly since bagging is done by you (me).

And my suspicions have been confirmed - they even beat WalMart's prices: 


"A recent survey of prices on 37 standard grocery items by Cheapism.com, a Web site that seeks out the best cheap products, found that discount grocer Aldi beat Walmart's prices by 15%. When we independently checked regular prices at both stores, prepackaged ground beef was among the items that we found for less at Aldi than at Walmart. In fact, ground beef was $1 less per pound at Aldi."

Along with Dollar Tree, Bealls Outlet and Ross Dress For Less, Aldi rounds out my favorite haunts for good deals. I hit each of them at least once a week. Ok, you're right, WalMart is still in the mix also.

A retiree can't be too careful with her pension bucks, can she? 

;-) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment