Wednesday, October 15, 2014

One Year

One year ago today we drove our two cars, packed with essentials for an interim six week stay in a rental unit, to The Villages. We stopped in Brownwood and bought two Villages shirts to celebrate. It was the start of a wonderful new life, a grand adventure, and although I was already retired and hubby was/is still working from home, it felt like we had both just retired. It was the milestone that marked a lifetime of "planning for retirement".

My expectations have been more-than-exceeded. We have wonderful new neighbors and friends, a calendar packed with activities, a beautiful home and a golf cart.

The last year has not been perfect and it has been quite a bit of work to get completely settled but I can honestly say it has been one of the best years of our lives. I am thrilled with the prospect of spending my "golden years" in this enclave of happy seniors.

Hubby's poker group will be at our house tonight and I am going to the movies with ladies from the neighborhood.

Life is Good. Very Good.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment