Monday, April 1, 2013

500

Yesterday I published Blog Post Number 500.  Wow!  What started as a lark has become a true joy for me.  I am actually proud of my blog and deep down I'm astounded that my relatively dull life has yielded so many opportunities for opining.

I write it for myself but of course I'm thrilled when someone compliments one of my posts.  Especially someone I didn't think ever read it. 

What do we leave behind when we depart this world?  Children and grandchildren to carry our gene pool forward?  Memories in the minds of others still living?  A contribution in the form of a work of art or music or literature?  A bequest that changes lives? 

Hahaha my blog is none  of the above.  But it is the essence of me and perhaps in a distant future someone will pick it up and laugh at the things that occupied my thoughts. 

Hope so  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment