Saturday, April 13, 2013

M&M

Melissa McCarthy was on Saturday Night Live and was oh so funny!  I love this gal and I adore Mike and Molly, the best sitcom on TV after The Big Bang Theory.  It's great that M&M is set in Chicago.  I can almost identify the exact locations of the street scenes and even the contrived sets of interiors are dead-on old Chicago.  M&M is even true to Chicago weather - snow and icy winds are in almost every episode.

But best of all is Melissa McCarthy (a genuine Chicago native).  I loved her for years on The Gilmore Girls and though I normally would have gagged through Bridesmaids she helped keep me from choking on my popcorn.  She is genuinely talented and to her credit, she does not use self-degrading "fat" humor to keep us amused. 

I worry a bit about her health; she truly is obese and being over 40 that can spell trouble.  But no doubt about it - I'm a Big Fan of this big lady.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment