Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Shameful Day

President Obama is right.  Today truly is a shameful day.  It was bad enough that a bill that merely closed a loophole allowing people to purchase guns online or at gun shows without background checks failed to pass in the Senate (much less the House).  No, Rand Paul had to accuse the President of "using" bereaved Sandy Hook parents as "props".

This is the last straw for me.  Although I do believe in reigning in the monumental pork that bloats the Federal budget, I am no longer sure the Republicans have a better answer (or any answer) than the Dems. And of course, I support gay rights, a woman's right to choose, even universal health care (although not in its current "Obamacare" adaptation).  Once Obama swore to protect and defend Israel, I have no more impediments to following the Democratic path to patriotic bliss. So from this day forward you may consider my vote to be in the Democratic column.

But needless to say, deep down inside, in my heart of hearts, in the depths of my soul, I know they are, all of them, Goniffs.

;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment