Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Oil Change

We took the car in to Pep Boys for an oil change on Sunday.  I know better than to go by myself and see mechanics' eyes light up and not because I am so good looking.  I am happy to let hubby navigate the maze of viscosity, oil filters, drain plug washers, top and bottom mount cartridge filters and other stuff I have zero interest in learning about.

But I can read signs and this one, which attempted to compare Pep Boy prices to other local chains, clearly stated that the tire rotation was Free.  Free means no charge, right?  Apparently it means something different at Pep Boys. 

So I sent a complaining e-mail to the Customer Service address on the Pep Boys website.  I am waiting to hear back.  Hubby asked why do I bother?  I told him it's who I am.  I hate social injustice and I severely dislike being duped or mislead. 

I remember our old "salad days" when hubby would save money by changing the oil himself, lying on the ground with the car up on little lifts.  Scary!  Thankfully those days are over and I guess I can even spring a little extra for the tire rotation.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment