Monday, April 22, 2013

Dating

One of the many joys of being married is that you don't have to meet and shmooze with strangers who might be potential dating partners.  So why would I want to put myself "out there" to make the acquaintances of people I don't know?  Well, I'd like to meet and make more women friends.  There is a wonderful camaraderie between women who go through life together and "get" whatever you are going through. 

I saw a link to a site called "Girlfriend Social" and I nervously posted my profile.  I figured what the heck, I'm already reluctantly on LinkedIn and probably a zillion other places including this blog (which I constantly think about taking private). The site is for ladies only who want to meet other ladies for platonic banter and maybe lunch. 

After signing up (it's free BTW) I searched for potential gal-pals.  I soon realized I needed to filter on age and not just location as I do not care to meet ladies who want to dance the night away on South Beach.  But when I found a lady in Boca who also likes mystery books, I bolted at the thought of contacting her. 

I think I'll wait 'til someone comes knocking at my virtual door.,,

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment