Friday, April 19, 2013

Where To Retire

I purchased a subscription to "Where To Retire" magazine last year. Each issue is chock full of suggestions for low cost tax havens and towns that feature beaches, farmers' markets, colleges and golf.  I sprung for the subscription because I wondered if there was "something better" out there, some retirement paradise that would make our golden years the best of our lives.

I have a list of requirements for my retirement heaven.  I need a one story home in a warm climate (no snow! ever!) in a Jewish area close to bagels, a shul, delicatessens, maybe a JCC.  I want lots of events and entertainment venues to choose from and of course, the best medical care.  There has to be a major airport nearby and also a major port for frequent cruises.  I'd like a variety of ethnic restaurants close by and lots of service people to do things we no longer want to do ourselves.  It has to be in a guarded and gated community with nice neighbors who don't party and keep their places in tip top condition.  And I'd rather be near the ocean than the desert or the mountains.

So far, home beats all the places in "Where To Retire"...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment