Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Personal Style

I suspected it for awhile but I guess this article in Redbook confirms it.  After a certain age - which I'm sure I have reached - it's better to show less skin.  Since 75% of my closet consists of tank tops and shorts (not counting former work suits, untouched for 6 months) perhaps it's time to go shopping??  

Every woman has her own sense of personal style which sounds highfalutin but really just means stuff she likes. My rule of thumb is this: if I pick things I like, they will go fabulously with all the other things I like that are already hanging in my closet. 

When I go shopping you can count on me gravitating to the same things:

1. Tops with crocheted or lace details
2. Cargo pants or shorts with lots of pockets in khaki or olive
3. Romantic gauzy blouses with small flowers
4. Skinny blue jeans of any hue or length
5. Anything with bling pasted on, especially if the bling has lots of different colors
6. Interesting shoes with lots of straps, buckles or beads
7. Stuff that is vaguely reminiscent of the 60s hippie era, especially if it has peace signs

;-)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment