Thursday, September 6, 2012

Four Years

It's the question that pops up every four years - "Are you better off than you were four years ago?"   I am trying hard to remember 2008 and honestly assess this question. 

Financially our net worth is up about 23%.  Is that good?  I think maybe yes...

I weigh about the same as four years ago (yay!) and hubby and I are still both happy and healthy.

I am recently retired (my choice!) with "guaranteed" (as "guaranteed" as possible given the crazy economic situation) paid health insurance, a pension and future Social Security benefits that together will probably keep me out of "bag lady" status.  A Big Sigh of Relief and Joy as I feel I've reached the "finish line" (and also a new "starting point").

I've fulfilled my dream of seeing Israel again plus there were lots of other vacations, fun times and lifetime memories made.

I still love my house and where I live and I'm content with all those material things that really don't matter much anyway. 

My Blog has helped me clarify some of my thoughts and recollections and has become a fun and meaningful new activity.

I am more connected to my Jewish roots and feel a spiritual joy I don't think I have ever known before. 

Best of all, there is more love in my life.

Better than four years ago?  Yes.  Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment