Saturday, September 22, 2012

Endeavor

The space shuttle Endeavor and the United States manned space program is now retired.  How strange that an effort that seemed so important for almost my entire life is now in mothballs. 

I know I am getting older when I look fondly backwards and get a little misty.  Lately there have been pictures on Facebook with the caption "do you know what this is?" or "do you remember these?"  I wish they would stop with these pictures because yes, indeedy, I remember them all.

A View Master?  Yes, I still have one on the shelf.

S&H green stamps?  Yes, they helped furnish our first apartment.

A clothes pin?  The doohickey you put in the center of a 45 rpm record to make it play on a 78 rpm record player?  Jiffy Pop? Yes, Yes and Yes.

RIP Endeavor, you now belong in a museum. 

Maybe I do too...

;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment