Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Joy of Text

I find myself communicating more these days by texting.  It's fast and to the point and avoids a lot of "schmooze" that must accompany a phone call (hello, how are you, that kind of thing).  But texting comes with challenges - I find myself typing "huh?" a bunch.  And it's easy to have your hilariously funny humor misinterpreted. Worst of all is the horrific "auto correct" function!

Texting does have some big pluses.  You can use emoticons to convey feelings where words can be difficult or just not sufficient (but I have yet to find a "finger" emoticon).  And you can use those wonderful abbreviations like ROFL or BFF. 

If you have a close friend you can even make up a "secret" code like we did in elementary school.  Fun!

BB4N  :-*

No comments:

Post a Comment