Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happiness

Coffee and the Sunday morning paper.

An article caught my eye and I immediately sat down to write about it.  It seems the government wants to make measuring the "psychological well being" of its citizens (that would be, uh, us) a "major government priority".  This "easy-to-understand well being indicator" would measure our "quality of life" as a nation over such dry and mundane numbers such as the unemployment rate and number of people living in poverty. The biggest hurdle seems to be how to measure "happiness".  Good luck with that!

Apparently the geniuses have correctly figured out that money doesn't buy happiness, and even such "sure things" like children, marriage and health are not guarantees.

As for myself, I don't need the government to tell me I'm happy. I am! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment