Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I'm Rich!

I already know that I'm rich in many, many ways but now our President has confirmed it.  If he didn't quite say "rich" he did propose that taxes be raised on "the most fortunate among us".

I am most definitely in that category.  I have been fortunate to be able to work for over 40 years.  I saved money whenever possible (without feeling deprived), always paid the credit card bills in full and lived on whatever amount came in each month. 

I sincerely do not mind paying my "fair share" and helping to support those who for no fault of their own cannot make it without society's assistance.  I know there are real people behind the stories of how easy it is to slip into poverty and despair.

I just hope my "fair share" is being spent wisely...

No comments:

Post a Comment