Friday, October 14, 2011

Getting Older

When I was 50 or so I faced up to the fact that I was indeed getting older.  I saw that other women my age were looking a little bedraggled and it was a bit scary.

I decided that I was at a crossroads.  Should I embrace sensible shoes, stretch pants and graying hair?  Or should I opt for lifts, liposuction and the gym five times a week?

I decided on a happy medium.  No heroic efforts like a tummy tuck or (gasp!) exercise but I would try to look as good as I could for as long as I could.  I would do the Colorsilk thing every couple of months and watch my weight.  Put on my make-up. Wear cute but age-appropriate clothes.  Try not to think of myself as an old lady. 

I'm not getting older, I'm getting better! (Where have I heard that before??) 

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment